Akers Organic Soil Builder is a finely screened humus, the result of composted organic materials, perfect to use as a natural soil improver and plant food. The slow-release granules are low in phosphorus and ideal for all plants including acid-loving plants and natives. The best way to permanently change your soil structure, Akers Organic Soil Builder increases soil health, soil fertility, crop yield, and crop quality.
Humus contains humin, humic acid, and fulvic acid which aim to:
- Improve soil structure
- Improve soil water holding capacity
- Increase the efficiency of nutrient uptake by plants
- Insulate the soil from extreme temperature changes
- Feed the beneficial soil microbes
- Improve nutrient movement within plants
- Regulate plant hormones needed for normal growth
- Increase energy production for essential functions, such as photosynthesis
- Increase formation and growth of new roots
Ideal for the establishment of new garden beds, as a base for new lawns, or the build up of existing gardens.
Always mix through top soil or potting mix; avoid laying lawn or plant roots directly onto Akers Organic Soil Builder. Repeat applications can be done every 6-12 weeks, depending on plant.
Always cultivate into soil and water well.