Akers of Lawn are happy to now offer a pick up option from our Lonsdale premises. This is a perfect option if you are wanting a small amount of lawn, live local, or just don’t want to pay that pesky delivery cost.
To order please call our office to let us know how much lawn you are after, of what variety, and when you will be coming to collect it. Payment must be made before we can proceed with your order, and can be done via credit card over the phone, or with cash/card in our office.
PICK UP TIMES: Friday 12 – 4:30, Saturday 10 – 1
Turf must be ordered and paid for by 3pm the Wednesday before.
When picking up turf please come into our office first to confirm and sign for your order. We will then direct you to move your vehicle up to the warehouse door. All pick ups are up to the customer to hand load into their appropriate vehicle*. If your vehicle or trailer can allow for a pallet, please let us know prior so we can arrange to forklift it for you.
Occasionally small amounts of turf are available from over-ordering for jobs (at no extra cost to the customer). This turf is still fresh and handled as little as possible. It is stored in our office warehouse and is available for collection during business hours. Please contact our office to enquire on amounts, varieties, and price.
If we are unable to complete your order for any reason, we can keep your details on file for contact when next available for re-order. If you are after a small amount of turf that we do not currently have and would like to be put on our next available list, please call our office and let us know.
*Please note that turf can be quite heavy. Check the weight allowance details below for what vehicles/transport will be required for turf you are after.
- Each slab of 0.5m² turf weighs approximately 10kg
- Therefore, each m2 of turf weighs approximately 10kg to 20kg (variance due to moisture in turf)
- The difference per square metre from dry to wet can be up to 10kg
- All allowances below are based on heavy, wet turf
- Weight allowances include driver/passengers and contents in vehicle, therefore car is based on one driver only in the below table. If there is more than one passenger, use the total weight column to consider reasonable additional weight allowance
- When transporting orders greater than 30m² a tandem trailer with brakes is required, or a 1 tonne ute. Always ensure trailer regulations are adhered to.